Fraction of proteins that changed their abundance in dependence of growth rate

Range ~57 %
Organism Cyanobacteria Synechocystis PCC 6803
Reference Zavřel T et al., Quantitative insights into the cyanobacterial cell economy. Elife. 2019 Feb 4 8. pii: e42508. DOI: 10.7554/eLife.42508 p.2 4th paragraph and p.6 bottom paragraphPubMed ID30714903
Method P.6 bottom paragraph: "Culture samples for 6 light intensities were harvested to obtain quantitative proteome profiles using mass spectrometry, with 5 biological replicates for each light intensity. [Investigators] chose a label-free quantification (LFQ) approach to access relative and absolute protein amounts. Here, the peptide precursor ion intensities (MS1) were used for protein quantification. The results of the proteomics analysis are summarized in Figure 3. [They] identified 1356 proteins (the complete list is provided in Figure 3—source data 1). Of these, the (relative) abundances of 779 proteins (57%) significantly changed with growth rate (Kruskal-Wallis test: p - value < 0.05), the (relative) abundances of the remaining 577 proteins (43%) were independent of growth rate."
Comments P.2 4th paragraph: "The data obtained in this work provide a resource for quantitative insight into the allocation of cellular components during light-limited, light-saturated, and photoinhibited growth. In dependence of the light intensity and growth rate, [investigators] monitor key physiological properties, such as changes in cell size, dry weight, gas exchange (both CO2 and O2), as well as changes in abundance of pigments, DNA, total protein, and glycogen. Using proteomics, [they] show that ~57% (779 out of 1356 identified proteins) proteins changed their abundance in dependence of growth rate, whereas the rest was independent of growth rate."
Entered by Uri M
ID 116705